Everything you need to know for the big race day!
From the Lehigh Valley:
Route 33 North to I-80 West to Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville, and follow the signs to Camelback.
I-380 South to I-80 East to Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville, and follow the signs to Camelback.
I-476 (NE Extension of the PA Turnpike) South or Route 115 South to I-80 East to Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville. Follow signs to Camelback.
I-476 (NE Extension of the PA Turnpike) North to Lehigh Valley Exit 56 (old Exit 33), Route 22 East to Route 33 North to I-80 West to Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville, and follow the signs to Camelback.
NEW Alternate Route (Avoiding Route 22 through Allentown):
I-476 North to Lehigh Valley Exit 56 (old Exit 33), then Route 22 East to the first exit (309 South). 309 South becomes I-78 East; proceed on I-78 East to Route 33 North to I-80 West to Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville, and follow the signs to Camelback.
From Metropolitan New Jersey & New York:
I-80 West to PA Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville, and follow the signs to Camelback.
From Central NJ, Newark, and Southern Metro New York City Area:
I-78 West to PA Route 33 North to I-80 West to Exit 299 (old Exit 45) Tannersville, and follow the signs.
From Washington & Baltimore:
I-95 North to I-476 (NE Extension of the PA Turnpike) North, and follow the directions from Philadelphia. Approximately 4.5 hours travel time.
I-95 North to I-476 (NE Extension of the PA Turnpike) North, then follow the directions from Philadelphia.
PIT Score + Mountain Run Score = Overall Score
The PIT is designed to be the great equalizer by leveling the playing field between power athletes and endurance runners to determine the best overall conditioned athlete.
1. “The PIT” will consist of separate stations per heat
2. Each station will consist of 4 strength elements:
• Thruster (75lb men; 45lb women)
• Box Jumps (20 inches tall both M/F)
• Kettlebell Swing (20kg men; 12kg women)
3. Per heat: competitors will fill the PIT per heat accompanied by professionally trained judges (1 per element)
4. At each station there will be a JUDGE to record the competitor’s total repetitions
• Note: This judge will remain with the competitor for all 4 stations.
5. Each strength element will be 1min 30sec in duration followed by a 30 sec rest and rotation period to the next element. This time will also allow judges to record the amount of reps completed by each individual.
*RRR = Rest Rotate and Record
Approach: 1min 30sec approach for competitors and teams to their designated sections.
Station 1: 1min 30sec for competitors to complete as many reps as possible. (End = 3min mark)
RRR 1: 30 seconds. (End = 3:30min mark)
Station 2: 1min 30sec for competitor to complete as many reps as possible. (End = 5min mark)
RRR 2: 30 seconds. (End = 5:30min mark)
Station 3: 1min 30sec for competitor to complete as many reps as possible. (End = 7min mark)
RRR 3: 30 seconds. (End = 7:30min mark)
Station 4: 1min 30sec for competitor to complete as many reps as possible. (End = 9min mark)
Funnel to Race Start: 10 minute mark.
COMPETITORS WILL TRANSITION TO MOUNTAIN COURSE UPON COMPLETION OF THE PIT.
Total PIT time: 10 minutes
Lifting PIT Staging Area Prior To Start Time.
Kettle bells swing
The mountain run will consist of 7 miles of running with 7 military obstacles throughout the course.
Course Marshals will be present at all obstacles.
Find out when the fun begins for the first ever CMC!
- Friday, September 9th: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, September 10th: 7:00 am – 9:00 am
Race Day (see schedule below)
- Gates open at 7:00 am at Camelback Mtn. (Breakfast items will be for purchase at 7:00 am).
- Heats will start at 10:00 am and be every half hour after.
- Racers must check into heats 20 minutes PRIOR to start time.
- Race Day Registration will be $150.
- Comfortable athletic/trail running shoes
- Form fitting/breathable top
- Costumes: Due to insurance reasons costumes are not allowed
- Drinking alcohol prior to or during race
- Failure to comply will prevent you from competing
FAQ & Info
- Racers Receive: Free Parking, Swag bag (T-shirt & giveaways), Free access to waterpark (all water slides), Chairlift to the top of the mountain
- Racers May Purchase: Food/drink, Alcohol, Locker (Inquire at Registration Tent), Vendor Merchandise, Cabanas, Picnic Tables
- What to Bring: Family & Friends, Change of clothes, Towel, Bathing Suit, Cash/Credit Cards (all major cards accepted; ATM available)
Friday – September 9, 2011
10:00 am to 6:00 pm: Number Pickup /Registration; Vendor Set-Up; Course & PIT Viewing: Participants and spectators are welcome to come and view the “PIT” and course obstacles.
Saturday – September 10, 2011
7:00 am: Camelback Parking Lot Opens; Number Pickup / Race Day Registration Opens
8:00 am – 8:20 am: PIT Judge Check-In; Volunteer Check-In
8:30 am: PIT Judge Meeting with PIT Chief: Jason Leydon; Volunteer Meeting Race Director: Joe Patenella
9:15 am: Stretching
9:40 am: HEAT 1 Check-In at Corral
9:45 am: OPENING CEREMONIES
10:00 am: HEAT 1 Begins; Waterpark Gates Open; Chairlift Opens
10:10 am: HEAT 2 Check-In at Corral
10:20 am: Rules by PIT Chief
10:30 am: HEAT 2 Begins
10:40 am: HEAT 3 Check-In at Corral
10:45 am: OPENING CEREMONIES
11:00 am: HEAT 3 Begins; Waterpark Slides Open
11:10 am: HEAT 4 Check-In at Corral
11:20 am: Rules by PIT Chief
11:30 am: HEAT 4 Begins
3:00 pm: Awards Ceremony
3:00 pm- 6:00 pm: Liquid Lightning After Party
Combiners, we want to see your costumes. Tag your Halloween pics with #cmchalloween and the pic with the most likes gets a CMC t-shirt. #cmc #cmcombine #beastmodecostumes #halloween #crossfit
Combiners! There is still time to join the SEALFIT 20X Challenge at @njbluetitan in Rockaway, NJ on Saturday November 8th. This is a chance to test yourself against some of the best warriors of our time and learn the secrets of overcoming any mental or physical obstacle that stands in your way. Use code "BT20" for 20% off. #cmc #cmcombine #sealfit #navyseals #bluetitan #functionalfitness