CMC HQ has been hard at work designing the CMC Workout of the Day program to get all our competitors ready to handle the mental and physical challenges of the PIT and our military-style obstacle course! To help you prepare, the Civilian Military Combine has been traveling around the country bringing "The PIT" to local gyms and boxes -- Tune in to our Facebook wall for videos of our visits. If you want to schedule a visit to your box, contact us!
1) While only Competitors, Judges, and CMC Staff can enter The PIT, there is PLENTY of room around the PIT for family and friends to cheer you on as you crush it!!
2) There is no arguing with the Judges – a no rep is a no rep. If you argue, you’re out.
3) Once your heat is called into the PIT, find yourself a vacant PIT station. Each PIT station includes: a box, Olympic bar, plates, kettlebell, CMC mat for burpee domination, and a dedicated PIT Judge who has been trained to expertly count your reps while providing coaching and motivation!
4) The PIT consists of a 5-minute AMRAP workout (As Many Reps As Possible) of 3 total movements. Your goal is to perform as many reps as possible of all 3 movements in 5 minutes, and your movements depend on your PIT Division (Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Charlie). So for example, Charlie Division competitors must complete 5 shoulder-to-overhead reps before moving onto 7 burpee over box jumps, and finally 9 kettlebell swings, then repeat as many times as possible in 5 minutes.
5) Your final score is your total number of reps, as reported by your PIT Judge. Please see the “SCORING” tab for more information.
Harness strength and balance to overcome the resistance of your own body weight.
Use endurance and agility to rapidly move weights.
Conquer heavier weights with speed and agility.
Defy your limitations…
Combiners, preregister for any of the events below and when registration opens, you will receive an email with the race specific details and a discount code!
Great!!! You have completed the preparation for CMC – NYC Urban Assault – Now take couple of weeks to rest and repeat your favorite workouts. We can’t wait to see you on September 22nd!!!
Strength and Conditioning and Running Workout:
- 2:00 minutes Box Jumps 24″ for men / 20″ for women
- 2:00 minutes Active Rest (walking)
- 2:00 minutes Thrusters 75 lbs for men / 45 lbs for women
- 2:00 minutes Active Rest (walking)
- 2:00 minutes Burpees
- 2:00 minutes Active rest (walking)
- 2:00 minutes Kettlebell Swings 24 kg for men / 16 kg for women
Rest 10 minutes
Run: 40 min as fast as you can (Time Trial)
Take the day off to enjoy a nice walk or to stretch your muscles.
The UFX/CMC Prep Class is fully underway at New York Sports club. NYSC members now have the chance to train for @cmcombine to prepare of all the races in 2014. Find your local club and sign up now! #nysc #cmcombine #cmctraining #motivation #inspiration @teamdangeroushq @average2athlete @thej2fit @31heroes @oneteamonefight
CMC passing along a little motivation this morning from @pattyk23 to all the athletes taking on the #festivusgames2014 hosted by @fearlessphl in south philly. @cmcombine will be presenting awards to all athletes who make the podium! Good luck everyone! #workhard #hardworkpaysoff #motivation #workhardplayhard #crossfit #cmc #cmctraining #cmcombine #customfitmeals #inspiration
Calling all Combiners!! Tonight we have a special treat. @as1nyc , located at 1845 Broadway NY, NY - corner of 60th & broadway- will be hosting an hour long CMC prep class at 715pm. RSVP here to reserve ur spot! Spots are filling up super fast. #trainhard #cmcombine #cmctraining #motivation #inspire @thej2fit @gerrenliles @average2athlete @trooperfitness @kennysantucci @kgornish @cmc500 @fighterfitnesstraining @customfitmeals @torquednation @michellemeyer2 @seanrogerscmc @kingofthemountainevents @emperr @teamdangeroushq @d