CMC HQ has been hard at work designing the CMC Workout of the Day program to get all our competitors ready to handle the mental and physical challenges of the PIT and our military-style obstacle course! To help you prepare, the Civilian Military Combine has been traveling around the country bringing "The PIT" to local gyms and boxes -- Tune in to our Facebook wall for videos of our visits. If you want to schedule a visit to your box, contact us!
1) While only Competitors, Judges, and CMC Staff can enter The PIT, there is PLENTY of room around the PIT for family and friends to cheer you on as you crush it!!
2) There is no arguing with the Judges – a no rep is a no rep. If you argue, you’re out.
3) Once your heat is called into the PIT, find yourself a vacant PIT station. Each PIT station includes: a box, Olympic bar, plates, kettlebell, CMC mat for burpee domination, and a dedicated PIT Judge who has been trained to expertly count your reps while providing coaching and motivation!
4) The PIT consists of a 5-minute AMRAP workout (As Many Reps As Possible) of 3 total movements. Your goal is to perform as many reps as possible of all 3 movements in 5 minutes, and your movements depend on your PIT Division (Alpha, Bravo, Delta, Charlie). So for example, Charlie Division competitors must complete 5 shoulder-to-overhead reps before moving onto 7 burpee over box jumps, and finally 9 kettlebell swings, then repeat as many times as possible in 5 minutes.
5) Your final score is your total number of reps, as reported by your PIT Judge. Please see the “SCORING” tab for more information.
Harness strength and balance to overcome the resistance of your own body weight.
Use endurance and agility to rapidly move weights.
Conquer heavier weights with speed and agility.
Defy your limitations…
Combiners, preregister for any of the events below and when registration opens, you will receive an email with the race specific details and a discount code!
Great!!! You have completed the preparation for CMC – NYC Urban Assault – Now take couple of weeks to rest and repeat your favorite workouts. We can’t wait to see you on September 22nd!!!
Strength and Conditioning and Running Workout:
- 2:00 minutes Box Jumps 24″ for men / 20″ for women
- 2:00 minutes Active Rest (walking)
- 2:00 minutes Thrusters 75 lbs for men / 45 lbs for women
- 2:00 minutes Active Rest (walking)
- 2:00 minutes Burpees
- 2:00 minutes Active rest (walking)
- 2:00 minutes Kettlebell Swings 24 kg for men / 16 kg for women
Rest 10 minutes
Run: 40 min as fast as you can (Time Trial)
Take the day off to enjoy a nice walk or to stretch your muscles.
Proud to say CMC HQ visited 2 dear friends to the CMC family today-Jason Schoder and Kristy Link, @limitless_bigj and @kristy_link, owners of @brazenathletics in Fairfield, NJ. Coach Rebecca posed for us in front of the famous Brazen Leaf! @brazenathletics ALSO opened Crossfit Willow in Hoboken! We can't wait to Visit and train at their new facility! #brazenathletics #crossfitlink #crossfitwillow #fairfieldnjtraining #hobokemnjtraining #cmc #cmcombine
Team DYNAMIC is back again!!!Owner/Coach #JustinColter of @crossfitdynamix and also know as Professor X in the @crossfit world is caught filming the CMC 2014 Instructional PIT videos! Combiners- get ready for the announcement of all 4 division CMC instructional videos within the next week! All standards will be reviewed along with tips from Professor X!! #crossfitdynamix #teamdynamix #cmcvideoshoot #cmconstructionalvideos #cmctraining #cmc #cmcombine #crossfit #customfitmeals @average2athlete @powercakes @thej2fit @teamdangeroushq @braveheartathletics @31heroes @oneteamonefight
CMC HQ had the awesome opportunity to train alongside @guerrillafitnessmorristown tonight for their 6pm workout. Guerrilla Fitness has 4 locations in NJ and the was very first Crossfit Affiliate in the state. They have TOP notch trainers and welcome every athlete with open arms like family. Thank you for an incredible workout and we can't wait to see some of you at the CMC Pocono event on May 17th! The work out this evening was 9-6-3 Deadlifts and strict hand stand push ups and in between each round, 2 rope climbs. It was an awesome evening!!! #guerrillafitness #guerrillafitnessmorristown #handstandpushups #hspu #deadlifts #ropeclimbs #crossfit #cmc #cmcombine #cmctraining #dowork #workhardplayhard @guerrillafitnessparamus @guerrillafitnesschimneyrock @guerrillafitnessmontclair